- It was commissioned by Pope John IV (640-642) in honour of the Dalmatian martyrs.
- John IV was a Dalmatian himself, and seeing that the Slavs where overrunning his country he brought the relics of the more important Dalmatian saints here.
- Рим: церковь св. Иоанна
- Rome: church of St John at the Lateran, or San Giovanni in Laterano, The Mother of All Churches, dedicated to Our Saviour, and to SS John the Baptist and John the Evangelist, Piazza di San Giovanni Laterano
- chapel of St Venantius
- The mosaic is crowned by a bust of Christ emerging from a cloud, flanked by angels.
- Below is the Virgin standing in prayer with apostles and other saints by Her side.
- 7 в.
- It appears to have been made by local artists influenced by the Byzantine tradition.
- The mosaic was badly restored in 1674.
- посвящённый предмет:
- сайт clemente